07 October 2008

Expert Rifleman

Out of Micah's entire company (250 men), there was only about 25 guys that stood out as "Expert shooters" with their rifles. These men did 36 shots (or more) perfectly, out of 40.  Was Micah one of the experts?... Absolutely! Micah shot 37/40 twice! Micah stands out in morals and concern for others and now is standing out in skill. I am extremely proud of him and am sorry I doubted him! I thank Jesus for what he is doing with and through Micah. Special Forces could be a reality, but God knows the ultimate outcome and I will be trusting Him for that. In the meantime, shine baby, shine!

The reward for Micah's entire group passing their rifle test was the best and most timely privilege: a 6-hour pass this past Sunday to go anywhere on base WITH his cell phone! We talked from 9am to about 3:30pm, with only a few breaks in between. I put Micah on speaker phone so the boys could hear his voice and Malachi would come up often and ask Micah a question or tell him something. It was great! 

Micah also got rewarded for shooting expert. He got a couple-hour pass on Saturday evening to go to the Post and eat candy, drink pop, have a pizza party, and talk on a phone. So I talked to him that night as well! It was good timing because I think both of us were getting pretty down after not talking on the phone to each other in about/over 3 weeks.  It was what I needed to continue these next couple of weeks! Thanks Micah and Jesus!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh Missy, I just cried reading that post! What a HUGE blessing! Wow! To be able to talk all day!!