This is some info from the second letter I received from Micah yesterday, Thursday. He said he ended up having time to write more so he wrote this second letter. It is still from Saturday, the 16th.
"Tomorrow (Sunday) sounds pretty easy. We get to sleep in to like 4:30am I guess, but only have church to go to. Sundays are movie day too, so we may get to watch a movie. Drill sergeants are pretty funny, in a loud, blunt, scary kind of way. Our platoon has been good though and hasn't been "dropped" which is where you have to do a million push-ups. But basic hasn't officially started and we are just sitting around getting our gear and stuff."
"Most of the guys are pretty cool. I have a couple 18x guys I've been hanging out with. I haven't met any Christians though. I have been labeled a "religious guy". I like that though. Too bad drill sergeants don't appreciate that."
Then he wrote a little more on Sunday. He said he did try to call me on Sunday but didn't have his calling card with him, and the sergeants wouldn't let him go back and get it. He tried to make collect calls to my phone, my parent's house, and his parent's house but no one answered. I am really bummed about that and he said he was too. He said the call is only about 5 minutes long, normally.
He also wrote:
"Still pretty boring. We finally get our gear tomorrow (Monday, the 18th). I am actually looking forward to basic so we will actually be doing something. I am not the oldest guy here. There are guys that are 40,32, and 30. I didn't get labeled "Pops". We won't have an address until we get to basic which could be as early as next Monday (25th) or as long as the 31st."
If anyone else misses Micah like I do...say a prayer for him!!! Love to all.
1 comment:
I miss him like you do! :)
Post a Comment