I got two letters from Micah in the mail yesterday, Thursday! I was so happy to finally make contact in some way that I cried. I tried to read the letters to the boys but couldn't stop crying. Malachi asked if I was sad, I said "no, just very happy!".
Here's some info from the first letter that he wrote on August 16th, two days after he left:
"The first few days have been a lot of standing and sitting. Sometimes for two to three hours. It is very pretty here, but very hot and humid. I won't have access to my phone for a while, but I should be able to call you tomorrow after church. There are actually a lot of 18x (special forces recruits) guys here, 10-12 maybe, so it is cool to talk to them. Food is good and the barrcks are AC'd so that's good. It is 7pm and I have a lot to do before lights out at 9pm. Then we get up at 3:15am. Yuck!"
He doesn't have an address yet, not until he gets to basic training. Right now he is still in the administrative part. So I cannot mail him anything yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment