Our family has been buying little fireworks from Walmart now and then. Right before the boys’ bedtime, we would light some off in the backyard. So, when Independence Day came, we told the boys, "We are going to watch BIG fireworks tonight!" They didn't realize what amazing sights they were going to see! Micah and I realized that in their little brains, they thought we'd go to someone's deck and watch someone light off fireworks, like we do. Little did they know, that this was going to rock their world!!!
The fireworks show lasted 20-25 minutes, with beautiful fireworks, some making shapes of hearts, stars, and smiley faces! The grand finale was distinctly the grand finale; no wondering. And the blast of the last firework was so timely, gigantic, and beautiful! Our spot we picked, was the best spot! It looked like the fireworks were being shot right towards us, just for us! Here are some pictures of the fireworks, which don’t even do them justice (on Micah’s iPhone)!
Here is a picture of the boys’ faces when they realized what "BIG fireworks" meant!
Their faces pretty much stayed this way the entire 20 minutes! With the exception of Malachi laughing at the sights and sounds of things exploding and the one time he broke out clapping for sheer joy! Micah and I had a great time; the best part was watching our kids enjoy it so much! Ahh, life! Thank you Jesus. Oh, and Anna…she fell asleep in the sling I had her laid, that was wrapped around me!
3 comments:
The photo of them in the dark and the expressions on their faces is priceless.
I know! I love it. It makes me laugh everytime.
Ahhhh...I am all teared up. Wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment