09 May 2009
Last month, on April 10th, Micah flew home from NC to MN. Malachi, Zach, Anna, and I picked him up at the airport. We drove the circle around the airport for awhile until Micah text us that he was down in the pick-up area. The boys and I were excited that this would be our last circle around the airport. We made it around and saw Micah. We were laughing and yelling yippies! I went around to the sidewalk and greeted Micah first. Then when Micah opened the side door of the van, Malachi had already unbuckled his seatbelt and was standing right at the door. Malachi yelled, "Daddy!!" and jumped in Micah's arms. Both boys had signs for Micah that said welcome home. Zach was laughing and kicking his legs in his seat until Micah gave him a big hug and kiss. Even Anna was awake and gave Micah the biggest smile. It was great to be together as a family again. We drove to Perkins for lunch and all the way Malachi was saying, "Daddys here!". Both Malachi and Zach were laughing,kicking their feet and smiling all the way to Perkins. It was absolutley great! The boys were SO happy. Anna seemed as if she knew him her whole life, even though she last saw him when she was only 3 weeks old. And I was so thankful my best friend was here and that THIS time, we were leaving with him and not having to say goodbye to him again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice story. I hadn't heard the details before.
Love, B
Aw! That is a great story. I'm glad you're all together again! :)
Post a Comment