28 September 2009

Boys watching Dad gut the deer!

Updated picture of me.

The boys' treasures they found while exploring the yard. It's a great activity every time you have an empty egg carton. They found leaves, rocks, flowers, a bee hive, and an old key. It was fun, and Malachi didn't want to throw the things out, so I took a picture of them with their treasures so they can always remember them, just not keep them in the house. I did let them keep a rock and the old key.

Video of Micah's "effortless" hunt. Don't you wish all hunting experiences went so smooth and easy! We ground up most of the meat, did some stew meat, and a few pounds of meat for jerky. It took us about 4-5 hours one night, but it's done! We got about 30 lbs worth of meat. Already eating it in hotdishes, spaghetti's and had a stew. I have an AWESOME deer roast recipe, if anyone is interested! :)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

We'll be interested in the recipe if Carl bags a deer this year! I love the pics! Miss you guys!

bruce said...

A yard treasure hunt ... who woulda thunk?
I love the kids boots. Miss you all.

The Harpel Family said...

Those boots are from you and Grandma Harpel! Are you surprised?! :)

Lynette said...

Love the pics and videos. Your ideas for fun learning are great. The boys will remember that stuff for a long time. I am definitely interested in the deer roast recipe. Miss you all!

Brenda said...

love the hair missy!