10 January 2009

Anna Malia Harpel

On Sunday, December 28th Micah and I went into the hospital to start the induction of baby Anna.  They gave me some "stuff" to get me contracting and get my body ready for the labor.  I stayed overnight at the hospital because after they gave me the "stuff" Anna's heart rate dropped for about 5 minutes.  So they monitored her and I the whole night.

The next morning, December 29th, at 8:30am the nurse broke my water and I started going into labor naturally... without Pitocin! Praise God! At around 11am I got an epidural; I was 7 cm dialated at this point.  At 1pm I was ready to push and at 1:09pm Anna Malia Harpel was born!!!

She weighed 6lb 15oz and was 19 inches long.  She is very petite and sweet. She has light eyelashes and eyebrows so I think she might be blonde/light brown like Micah.  Her eyes are blue, but almost all babies eyes are blue at birth. We'll see if they change.  She has the cutest, most perfect little round head too! Here are some pictures of our sweet daughter from the hospital!



No comments: